In an unexpected turn of events, WhatsApp decided to launch a cryptocurrency payment feature for limited users.
There's a new way to try the @Novi digital wallet. Starting today, a limited number of people in the US will be able to send and receive money using Novi on @WhatsApp, making sending money to family and friends as easy as sending a message. 💸💬 pic.twitter.com/dGz3lejri7
— Stephane Kasriel (@skasriel) December 8, 2021
This feature is currently only available in the United States and is made possible by the integration of Novi, which is a digital wallet service owned by Meta (Facebook).
How It Works:
When you add money to your Novi account, it will be converted to USDP (Pax Dollar), a stable digital currency issued by Paxos Trust Company, a regulated financial institution. USDP is designed to have a stable value relative to the US dollar. So on Novi, 1 USDP is equal to 1 US dollar. The pilot program will allow WhatsApp users to send and receive money instantly, securely, and without fees.
You can securely keep a balance in your Novi account or transfer it to a bank account.
- Start using Novi on WhatsApp.
- In WhatsApp, find the contact you’d like to send money to and open your chat.
- Tap the paper clip icon on Android or the + icon on iOS.
- Select “Payment” in the menu.
- Follow on-screen instructions to log into your Novi account or create a new one.
- Start sending and receiving money!
For More Details Visit: https://www.novi.com/WhatsApp