Monday, June 27, 2022
Home Crypto News Market Terra Amends Terra 2.0 Proposal To Accommodate Community Feedback

Terra Amends Terra 2.0 Proposal To Accommodate Community Feedback

- Advertisement -
Follow-Us-On-Google-News

A few days ago, the Terra team, led by Do Kwon, made a proposal to the community to fork LUNA and create a new LUNA coin in a new chain. It was named Proposal 1623. However, the community has been reluctant to accept the proposal, with the majority opting to burn LUNA instead. Still, Do Kwon and his team seem to be overly determined to push their proposal through.

In a recent twitter thread, Terra has announced an amendment to the initial proposal. This could be seen as an attempt to woo the community into accepting its plans. The announcement introduced a few changes to the proposal.

Increase Genesis Liquidity

When the fork happens, the initial coin supply will be increased from 15% to 30% to offer more liquidity for all UST and LUNA holders. This will also be tuned to give leeway for the team to mitigate inflation in the future.

LUNA Holders To Get New Liquidity Profile

Those who held LUNA before the crash will have new liquidity profiles. Those with less than 10k Luna will enjoy the 30% initial liquidity as well as access to the other 70% over a 2-year period. This measure may be aimed at boosting token distribution in the community in a balanced manner as opposed to a few whales holding huge percentages of the coin supply.

Initial UST Holders To Get Less

Those who bought UST after the crash will get less token allocation which will be reduced from the initial 20% to 15%. This will work to make sure that the original stakeholders of LUNA will be at par with the UST holders who bought after the de-pegging.

Community To Review Amendments

In the announcement, Terra said that it will give the community a 5-day period to review the amendment and vote on it. It’s yet to be seen whether the community will accept the changes and agree to implement the LUNA fork or if this new twist will create a backlash within the community. Results will be out in 5 days.

- Advertisement -

Disclaimer

The content is for informational purposes only and may include the author’s personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of TheCryptoBasic. All Financial investments, including crypto, carry significant risk, so always do your complete research before investing. Never invest money you cannot afford to lose; the author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for your financial loss or gains.

Albert Brownhttps://thecryptobasic.com/
Albert Brown is a cryptocurrency investor and journalist who has been in the nascent space since 2017. His love and passion for technological innovations made him delve deeper into the world of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. As a journalist, Brown has written on several crypto-related topics that have been referenced by popular industry players like Tyler Winklevoss, Binance CZ, etc.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Recent News & Articles

Crypto Winter Survival Guide: Frax (FRAX), PAX Gold (PAXG), And RoboApe (RBA)

How long will crypto winter last? That is the question on the lips of every crypto participant right now. Many newbies are scared at...

The Exciting Evolution Of Blockchain Gaming With Xchange Monster (MXCH) & Decentraland (MANA)

The words decentralized finance and game, these two industries have been combined together and from this combination the GameFi sector was birthed. For many...

TRON Price On The Up As Risk Of USDD Depegging Falters

  Tron Price is showing that the USDD depegging pressure is releasing. window.coinzilla_display = window.coinzilla_display || ; ...

Bitcoin Only Line Of Defense Is Holding But How Far? As Number Of BTC Exchange Inflows Increase

  Bitcoin does not have sufficient support below 20,000 dollars. window.coinzilla_display = window.coinzilla_display || ; ...

Baby Doge Coin Team to Burn 50 Quadrillion BabyDoge At Once

Baby DogeCoin Team to Burn 50 Quadrillion Coins Tomorrow After Community’s Approval.  window.coinzilla_display = window.coinzilla_display || ; ...

SEC Chairman Piles Pressure on Altcoins, Says ‘Bitcoin Is the Only One I Am Willing To Say Commodity’ 

For SEC Chairman Bitcoin is the only crypto that is a commodity. window.coinzilla_display = window.coinzilla_display || ; ...

Shiba Inu Soars Above 40% In Seven Days As Unification Brings Shibarium Launch Closer

SHIB has put smiles on investors' faces after its massive rally in the past seven days.  window.coinzilla_display...

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Updated with All The latest Crypto News, Articles, Reviews, Analysis and much more. Delivered Every Monday.