Solana (SOL) confirms NBA legend Michael Jordan and his son Jeffrey M. Jordan’s plans to launch a fan engagement app, named “HEIR”, built on the Solana blockchain.
The HEIR platform has raised $10 million in seed funding and is set to launch in 2022.
The other personalities that will co-lead the firm include former Nike brand manager Jeron Smith and marketing consultant Daniel George.
Solana’s official Twitter handle confirmed the news.
— Solana (@solana) December 15, 2021
The platform, HEIR, is designed to link professional athletes with their most ardent supporters. It will feature an HEIR token minted on the Solana blockchain and will showcase NFT assets along with community-building features that let fans join an athlete’s limited-capacity “huddle” for exclusive access and benefits.
Solana is a blockchain network that rose extensively in value and popularity over the course of the year, jumping from a price of less than $2 per token on January 1 to a peak of nearly $260 in November.
The current trading price of the coin is $184.92, a 24-hour trading volume of $4,068,005,368 USD. Solana is the 5th biggest cryptocurrency in the world by means of market capitalization which stands at $56,852,132,018 USD.
Read More On Solana:
- Why SOL Price Is Not Dropping Despite The Fact That More Than 60% of All Solana Transactions Are Failing
- Opera Partners With Solana (SOL) To Integrate Solana Dapps On Its Browser
- Ledger Introducing ‘Crypto Life Cards’ And Support For Solana, Hedera, Crypto.com Coin, Cardano, And Celo
- Paysafe Services Skrill and NETELLER Add Support For Solana (SOL)
- Grayscale Adds Solana Trust Exposing SOL To High Profile Institutional Investors
- Solana Outdid Cardano And Polkadot In Monthly Inflows Totaling $43M From Institutional Investors
- Read Latest Solana Updates