Crypto.com is running a comprehensive advertising campaign.
The exchange has reached an agreement to rename the Staples Center to Crypto.com Arena for the next 20 years.
Staples Center is the Los Angeles home to the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers, WNBA’s Sparks, and NHL’s Kings.
The term of the agreement is 20 years. Its owner and operator, Anschutz Entertainment Group will receive $700 million, as a result of the deal.
We're extremely proud to announce that Staples Center, Los Angeles' most iconic arena is getting a new name:
— Crypto.com (@cryptocom) November 17, 2021
The new arena logo will appear on December 25 during the Lakers vs. Brooklyn Nets match. All logos of the current Staples Center will be replaced by June 2022, ahead of the start of the next season.
Crypto.com will also work directly with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Kings as part of the deal.
Staples Center is also used for cultural events with a seating capacity of 200,000, the venue hosts award ceremonies such as the Grammy, as well as concerts, boxing matches, and NBA All-Star games. According to Bloomberg, the arena receives about 4 million visitors a year at more than 240 events.
As a reminder, in June 2021 Crypto.com signed sponsorship agreements with Formula 1 and Aston Martin Cognizant. The platform also has advertisement rights with the UFC, Serie A, Paris Saint-Germain, Philadelphia 76ers, and Montreal Canadiens.
In March, the FTX exchange acquired the naming rights of the NBA’s Miami Heat arena.
Read More On Crypto.com:
- Crypto.com Expands Free Crypto Tax Reporting Service to Australia
- Formula 1 Made Crypto.Com A Global Partner Of F1 Sprint Series
- Crypto.Com Become The First Cryptocurrency Company To Receive Malta’s Class 3 Virtual Financial Assets License
- Crypto.com Becomes The First Cryptocurrency And NFT Partner Of The Italian Football League SerieA
- Crypto.com Manages To Obtain Approval From The Financial Services Authority in Malta