Zebpay has become the latest crypto trading platform to add support for Shiba Inu.
ZebPay, India’s oldest cryptocurrency exchange with over four million customers, has added support for Shiba Inu, the company announced Wednesday.
Last week, the Dogecoin rival started trading on Austrian fintech platform Bitpanda, which has been funded by PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel’s venture firm.
Prior to that, the Shiba Inu-inspired cryptocurrency also became available for trading on Coinbase Pro.
Binance, which listed SHIB back in May, remains the biggest market for the meme cryptocurrency, accounting for over 27% of its trading volume.
In a March interview, ZepPay CEO Rahul Pagidipati told The Economic Times that the Indian crypto market has plenty of potential for future growth due to its enormous investor base:
“India holds less than 1% of the world’s cryptocurrencies and its potential investor base is 100 million.”
While the future of cryptocurrencies remains murky in India due to regulatory uncertainly, Pagidipati is convinced that India will not go as far as banning cryptocurrencies since there is great demand for the new asset class.
A Morning Consult survey showed that 86% of Indians have trust in cryptocurrencies despite the government’s hawkish attitude toward them.
Read More On SHIB:
- SHIB Becomes Most Discussed Crypto On Twitter As SHIB Gets More Mentions Than Bitcoin, Ethereum, And DOGE On Twitter
- CoinGecko Data Shows SHIB Becomes Top 11 Coin, Just Behind DOGE At Number 10
- As SHIB Becomes Crypto Of The Week, How Far Will SHIB Go?
- Crypto Whales Purchasing Large Amounts Of Shiba Inu, As Single Anonymous Whale Bought 6 Trillion SHIB
- Shiba Inu Becomes The 15th Most Valuable Crypto
- Shib Becomes Most-Traded Crypto on Coinbase
- Shiba Inu Futures Trading Volume Up 78x in Seven Days
- Shiba Inu Took 14 Months To Hit A Market Value Of $12 Billion, It Took Dogecoin 6 Times As Long To Reach That Milestone
- SHIB Hits 1 Million Followers On Twitter
- Shiba Inu Is Now Fifth Most Traded Crypto