Xumm integrates Topper from Uphold to make it more convenient for users to buy XRP with their fiat currencies.
🎉 We’re excited to announce that Topper is now integrated into @XummWallet!
With Topper, Xumm users worldwide now have a fast, easy way to buy digital assets with a credit or debit card.
— Uphold (@UpholdInc) June 8, 2023
Xumm, a non-custodial wallet for the XRP Ledger, has partnered with the US-based financial platform Uphold. The partnership will enable Xumm users to seamlessly purchase XRP using credit or debit cards through Topper, a new fiat-to-crypto on-ramp service from Uphold.
Xumm is a wallet that allows users to interact with the XRP Ledger and third-party tools while keeping their keys safe. Announced in a recent press release, the latest development will see Xumm integrate Uphold’s Topper service as a third-party xApp on its platform.
📢Proud to announce the launch of a new On-Ramp provider, Topper by @UpholdInc!
Topper enables smoother fiat to XRP On-Ramping in a vast number of currencies.
— Xumm Wallet 🪝 (@XummWallet) June 8, 2023
Topper strives for superior approval rates compared to numerous current digital asset market providers. The service also accommodates a wide range of currencies to serve a vast user base. In addition, it facilitates seamless foreign exchange and cross-border remittance.
Incorporating Topper into the Xumm ecosystem enhances versatility by offering users a diverse selection of on-ramp services. With its extensive coverage of numerous countries and currencies, Topper enables users to settle transactions in widely accepted currencies like USD and EUR, which can then be converted into XRP.
This partnership will particularly benefit users in underserved jurisdictions, including numerous states in the United States and Canada, where access to similar services is limited. As Xumm and Uphold progress and develop within the XRPL ecosystem, they remain steadfast in their commitment to expanding accessibility and empowering users worldwide.
How to Buy XRP on Xumm via Topper
To purchase XRP using Topper on your Xumm app, follow these steps:
- Open your Xumm app and navigate to the “Buy/Sell XRP” section.
- Browse through the list of available on-ramp providers and select Topper. This will redirect you to the Topper platform.
- Enter the fiat equivalent of the amount of XRP you wish to purchase. Take note that Topper applies a 2.9% transaction fee. Confirm the provided quote and click “Continue.”
- Set up your Topper account and complete the necessary KYC (Know Your Customer) process as requested.
- When prompted, enter your card details into the system to initiate the XRP purchase transaction.
- Proceed with the payment, and your XRP will be delivered to your Xumm wallet.
Topper is the latest addition to Xumm’s range of integrated fiat-to-crypto on-ramp services. With a focus on versatility and inclusivity, Xumm has now onboarded six external on-ramp services. Early last month, the wallet integrated Poko and Guardarian. Stably came into the scene in March, as The Crypto Basic previously reported.